United States of America - Texas, San AntonioJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a Construction Manager to be based in San Antonio, TX as this is not a remote position.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
About DCSA-Program and Project Management
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VICTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
As an industry leader in program and construction management, we partner with clients to support projects from concept to completion. From education, healthcare, transportation and water facilities to sports, leisure, cultural arts and other public gathering venues, we deliver on the promise of protecting our clients' interests as our own and building partnerships with the communities we serve.Job Description
The Construction Manager will as the point of contact for several stakeholders both external and internal to Amazon possessing a good balance of technical and Project Management experience and skills. The Construction Manager will monitor and refine the long range and short-term plans to enhance success on the project. The Construction Manager will coordinate the flow of information, provide costs and schedule reviews, monitor the safety programs, and assure that the completed work is constructed to a quality level consistent with the requirements of the construction documents. The Construction Manager work directly for the Construction Manager supporting the strategic and tactical delivery of the retrofit and fit up project(s) located in USA in accordance with the terms and conditions of our current Professional Services.The responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support the client's construction team in delivering project scope while seeking to improve on the planned schedule and maximize cost savings.
- Review construction documents, contracts and work orders in detail
- Assist in scope reviews to establish a mutual understanding of deliverables. Assist or lead efforts establishing details of connection points for utilities, ownership of tasks related to Owner Furnished - Contractor Installed equipment (OFCI), and the requirements for turnover of facilities to the owner.
- Monitor project correspondence including RFI's, Submittals, administrative deliverables.
- Attend project related meetings onsite and virtually.
- Monitor construction in the field.
- Provide a weekly project status report.
- Maintain and contribute to VE as the build progresses, including reviewing GCs proposed options for accuracy and validity.
- Review Closeout requirements and coordinate their delivery
- Provides overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies
- Provides technical direction and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, maintains close client interface, and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors
- Position has significant profit/loss responsibility for assigned construction project
Preferred QualificationsWhat We Offer
- BA/BS + 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Construction ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.