Skills: Field Service Tech, Production Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Pumper/Operator in Carlsbad, NM. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. The Operator monitors gauges and flow meters and inspects equipment to ensure that tank levels, temperatures, chemical amounts, and pressure are at specified levels, reporting abnormalities as necessary
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Records operating data such as products and quantities pumped, stocks used, gauging results, and operating times.
- Turns valves and starts pumps to start or regulate flows of substances such as gases, liquids, slurries, or powdered materials.
- Plan movement of products through lines to processing, storage, and shipping units, utilizing knowledge of interconnections and capacities of pipelines, valve manifolds, pumps, and tanager.
- Reads operating schedules or instructions or receives verbal orders, in order to determine amounts to be pumped.
- Cleans, lubricates, and repairs pumps and vessels, using hand tools and equipment.The Pump Operator collects and delivers sample solutions for laboratory analysis.
- Connects hoses and pipelines to pumps and vessels prior to material transfer, using hand tools.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Good knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.