Skills: Gas Plant Operations, Mechanic
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Riverton, Wyoming, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Gas Plant Mechanic in Lysite, WY. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. Local candidates preferred as there is no per diem or lodging provided.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Ability to inspect engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs; supervise and schedule repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Ability to overhaul, repairs and maintenance of engines, compressors, pumps, turbines and motors.
- Detailed awareness of compressor components including: lubrication systems, shut-down systems, loading and unloading valves, pistons, valves and electrical systems.
- Monitor and stimulate maximum efficiency and productivity to minimize problems and downtime.
- Performing lockout / tagout, starting/stopping of equipment, and perform equipment checks.
Skills / Qualifications
- Mechanical seal applications/principles
- Reciprocating compressors (Mainly Ariel but any knowledge is good)
- Screw Compressors
- Plant processes
- Knowledgeable of API standards and practices
- Self starter, motivator and leader/ Able to work with a diverse group of crafts/ Essential ability to relate to coworkers, inspire others to participate, and mitigate conflict with coworkers.
- Have to know how to read P&ID's, Vendor data books with vendor supplied drawings/ Skilled in research and information gathering (Data books, start up procedures, red-line additions, etc.)
- Complex Troubleshooting/ Diagnosing skills
- Able to perform administrative work along with field work. (Computer literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering a wide variety of applications.) (Excel, bluebeam, aconex, word, etc.)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.