Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hull, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our onshore operational team based at our Dimlington gas terminal, reporting directly to the Onshore Operations Engineer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the assurance of electrical and distribution systems including its safe and reliable operation across the terminal. This role involves working in a team of discipline support engineers and graduates to provide day-to-day electrical support to all Perenco SNS operation activity based on site. In addition to this, there will be a responsibility to ensure compliance with company electrical performance standards and HSE legislations.
Working hours are Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include
- Ensuring technical integrity, reliability, availability and maintainability of electrical distribution systems are optimised so that production targets can be achieved
- Manage and support the day to day maintenance of the onshore facilities electrical systems
- Ensure all equipment in hazardous areas is maintained in accordance with BS EN 60079
- Support Electrical Maintenance Strategy and ensuring appropriate integrity management of Electrical equipment
- Promote the use of best technology to increase production efficiency. Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure best value is obtained from suppliers and contractors
- Understand and manage onshore Electrical modifications/project operations to ensure effective and safe execution of work
- Liaise with Electrical Technical Authority with external bodies such as HSE and internally assisting with incident reports and investigations
- Ensuring statutory legislation are complied with and complete a minimum of 8 SAS (Site Assurance Survey) audits per year
- Maintain a thorough understanding of electrical regulations and practices
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that apply to this position & courses including:
Maintenance Management System
Ensure all Maintenance activities and all data to be recorded against Safety Critical Equipment within the Maintenance Management System is submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
Management of Change - Technical Reviewer
Review Management of Change (MOC) proposals via the eMOC system, address technical queries, ensure compliance with technical standards within the Process discipline and provide access to specialist engineering advice.
- Degree qualified within a relevant engineering discipline and preferably achieved, or working towards, Chartered Engineering Status
- At least 3 years' experience within the onshore/offshore Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or Power Generation industries