Skills: Fabrication, Fitter / Turner
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Port Lavaca, Texas, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for a Pipefitter Fabricator to join our team in Port Lavaca, Texas.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
Skills / Qualifications
- Should have 1 -3 years of experience as a Pipefitter Helper or similar experience.
- Should have 1 -2 years of experience as a journeyman Pipefitter or Boilermaker.
- 2 Years of formal Pipefitter training may substitute for up to 2 years of helper experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.