Skills: Geologist, Geoscientist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Hydrogeologist for the Environmental Service Line in Phoenix, AZ.
Are you a Hydrogeologist with 8+ years environmental/consulting experience that enjoys technical challenges, leading teams and building strong client relationships ? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are seeking for a Hydrogeologist to support our Environmental Service Line in Phoenix, AZ. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
As a Hydrogeologist, you will be responsible for supporting current and new projects and maintaining strong client relationships and developing long term strategies for continued market success. The successful candidate will have strong leadership, business development, project management, and technical skills. Established client relationships and a proven track record for business development is a must.
- Develop high quality, safety focused, leading edge sustainable solutions to our commercial and government clients for consulting
- Contribute to sales goals and client business development activities in a doer/seller format
- Manages the development of work scope, schedule, and budget definition for proposals
- Directs the execution of work, including subcontractor procurement
- Prepare technical reports, work plans, health and safety plans, and quality control plans and client-centric presentations
- Performs data quality assurance review of field and laboratory work product to determine whether data quality objectives have been met
- Demonstrates and maintains competency in a diverse set of local, state, and federal environmental regulations
- Contribute to staff development consisting of individuals with 0-10 years of experience and provide senior level quality review, quality assurance and mentoring
- Execute project performance and budget monitoring & reporting (internally and externally)
Skills / Qualifications
- Professional registration as PE or PG, or ability to obtain registrations.
- 8+ years environmental consulting experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Surfer or other contouring software
- Experience with analytical models (e.g., REMChlor, BioPlume, BioScreen, etc.)
- Strong quantitative and computer skills are required, including numerical modeling using multiple versions of MODFLOW, MODPATH, MT3D, and/or FEFLOW and pre/post-processing software programs (e.g., Groundwater Vistas)
- Experience with aquifer testing analysis using analytical software programs (e.g. Aqtesolve, AquifrTest, AquiferWin32)
- Experience with one or more 3D geospatial modeling and visualization software programs (e.g. Leapfrog, EVS, EarthVision)
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities
- Willingness and ability to interact with regulatory agencies, stakeholders and clients and develop effective teamwork relationships
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours as required
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training in accordance with 29CFR 1910.120
- Must pass drug test, entrance physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.