Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Wood is seeking a Health, Safety, Environmental Manager (HSE) to join our team in the Little Rock, AR area. The HSE Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Safety and Health Plan at the Jefferson Laboratories complex. This will include but not limited to, designing, directing, and administering the Environmental Health and Safety Program. This Program shall establish an accident prevention and safety program encompassing each line item of the contract, which will provide safety, health protection and personnel medical record maintenance as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA). The HSE Manager is also responsible for scheduling, conducting and documenting safety inspections, identifying and acquiring required PPE, maintaining accident and training files, conduction safety meetings and investigating and reporting accidents.
- Responsible for oversight of workforce compliance with established project safety program, plans, procedures, and applicable regulations
- Maintain current safety and health information for site (e.g., notifications, revisions to safety plans, worker training certifications, etc.)
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and conduct onsite worker safety and health training and site safety induction.
- Prepare Activity Hazard Analyses (AHA) for review and approval by Project Manager or designated representative.
- Conduct safety inspections and audits and ensure work activities are conducted in accordance with approved AHA.
- Maintain safety deficiency and corrective action logs and perform trend analysis.
- Ensure that all signs, equipment, machinery, and hazards are marked or painted to identify the hazard. Colors and markings used shall comply with OSHA regulations and other State and local statutes as applicable.
- Ensure all employees entering restricted areas receive medical screening, testing, and monitoring as required.
- Communicate effectively with WPI staff, subcontractors, and client.
- Maintain inventory of PPE supplies and resources for WPI employees.
- Review mishaps, near misses / close calls / good catches and report to safety and project management leadership
Skills / Qualifications
- 10+ years' experience in supervising site safety programs on of same size, scope, and complexity
- Thorough knowledge of NFPA 70E, OSHA 1910.120, and OSHA 1926 regulations required
- Must possess OSHA 30-Hour and HAZWOPER 8-hour Supervisor training certification
- Excellent organizational, communication, and supervisory skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.