Skills: Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Wood is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Geologist who has a minimum of 3 years or more of experience to work with our environmental group located in Utah and the Mountain West.
Wood's South Jordan office provides a broad range of services in engineering and environmental sciences including environmental assessment and remediation, water resources, environmental compliance, geotechnical design, transportation and materials testing. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to maintain and grow our environmental consulting business and possess knowledge and technical skills in investigation, CERCLA, RCRA, hydrocarbon remediation, permit preparation and compliance programs, including state and federal rules & regulations.
- Consulting for state, federal, municipal, commercial, and industrial environmental investigations, remediation, decommissioning and redevelopment projects
- Conduct a variety of field services for environmental site investigation and remediation activities, including operational experience with drilling technologies such as direct push, hollow stem auger, and sonic drilling techniques, the oversight of drilling subcontractors and other supporting subcontractors, and the management of investigation derived waste
- Plan and perform assigned tasks under limited supervision, such as the collection of soil, soil vapor, sediment, surface water and groundwater samples in accordance with state and federal regulations and standard operating procedures
- Support environmental report preparation for environmental due diligence, permitting, site characterization, soil and groundwater investigations, corrective action plans, sampling and analysis plans/quality assurance project plans, remedial design and implementation
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental engineering or other related fields
- 3 to 5+ years of environmental experience with increasing responsibility
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Experience with project reporting, including compilation and interpretation of field and analytical data and the synthesizing of field notes for technical report narratives
- Knowledge of intermountain west state and federal regulations
- Must be a self-starter, team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with the use of standard software packages including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel to project sites primarily in Utah and the mountain west regions
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.