Skills: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Wood's Clean Energy team is looking to recruit a Principal Offshore Wind Expert to join their expanding team based in Hamburg.
- Lead diverse technical advisory assignments for offshore wind energy projects (incl. for example technical due diligence for project finance or investment, construction monitoring).
- Review and analyse offshore wind farm projects in development, construction or operation. This will include for example review of technical aspects of construction and operation contracts, project cost estimates and project programme.
- Preparation of technical specifications, bid evaluation, negotiation with suppliers, design review, site supervision and quality control.
- Lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Reporting on projects internally and to clients.
- Providing technical and general support to clients and internally to other business units.
- Continuously monitoring work to ensure QSE compliance.
- Conducting project site visits in Germany and Europe.
Skills / Qualifications
- A relevant engineering degree (mechanical, electrical, civil engineering) or industrial engineer) or similar qualification.
- Appropriate postgraduate experience and proven track record in the offshore wind energy industry.
- Minimum relevant working experience in the offshore wind industry of 3-5 years required.
- Prior experience in successful management of due diligence projects for offshore wind farms is a benefit.
- The ability to produce and review high quality reports to predefined deadlines.
- The role is client facing and so the candidate must be a confident communicator with smart appearance.
- A flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Attention to detail, reliability and good organisational skills are paramount.
- Driving licence valid for use in Europe.
- Skilled in MS Office incl. good MS Excel skills
- Fully fluent in German and English language.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.