Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal / Senior Civil & Structural Designer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Project Engineering Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool. The Senior/ Principal C & S Designer will be accountable for carrying out the design and drafting of C & S works of Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, LNG and large Data Centre projects to client's requirements.
KEY ASPECT OF THE ROLE
- Adept and hands-on experience with 2D and 3D design / drafting tools such as Autocad / Microstation, Intergraph Frameworks Plus, PDS, Tekla, AECOsim, Navisworks, SPR, Revit, E3D, SP3D etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Civil / Structural design / detailing for pipe racks and all types of equipment supports structures, such as for Vessels, Exchangers, Tanks, Pumps, Compressors, heaters, Columns, Reactors, Package items, etc. and foundations.
- Capability to undertake Architectural & HVAC drawings/ modelling will be a plus point.
- Good understanding of overall plant layout and thorough knowledge of developing Underground, Civil and Structural model with design and detailing capabilities, including concrete reinforcement and steel connection detailing.
- Knowledge in Local Singapore CSA Permitting Requirements and experience in BIM modelling.
- As a Lead Designer, overall co-ordination, supervision, and operation of the Civil / Structural Designers group with high quality and timely completion of their work within the established work hour budgets for the assigned project.
- Ensuring design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities, specifications, procedures, etc. produced within the assigned designer team.
- Ensure equipment support arrangement and detailing are as per approved vendor drawings.
- Preparing, reviewing, Checking, Issuing and follow up of all Civil Structural design and drafting deliverables up to the issue for construction.
- Ensuring that the 3D model represents satisfactory design practice. Coordinate 3D modelling activities of the team and with other discipline designers to maintain clash free model.
- Assist in Material Take off (MTO) extracting from 3D model and computation from 2D deliverables as and when required.
- Reviewing Structural Steelwork fabrication drawings.
- To be part of field engineering team as per project need.
- Prepare and submit as-built drawings.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering with 10 to 18 years of experience in Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / LNG / Pharmaceutical Plant/ large Data centre Projects.
- Able to lead, motivate & guide team comprising Designers.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, energetic, taking proactive measure are desired.
- Should have permission to work in Singapore, preferably should be a Singaporean or Permanent Resident.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.