Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
The Senior/ Principal C & S Engineer will be accountable for carrying out the conceptual, basic and detailed design and construction of C & S works of Oil & Gas, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, LNG and large Data Centre projects to client's requirements. The position is responsible for ensuring that all C & S work on the Project is successfully executed and completed to high quality .
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Executed at least one complete project in Oil & Gas, Pharma or data Centre project.
- Adept in software for Civil / Structural (both Concrete and Steel) design calculations such as STAAD.Pro, SAFE, Limcon, TEDDS, etc...Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Conversant with Local and International Design Codes and Standards such as Euro Codes, British and American Codes for Civil Structural design.
- Knowledge in Local Singapore CSA Permitting Requirements.
- Familiar with Civil & Structural, Underground design and drafting activities including 3D Design, SPR, Naviswork, E3D etc.
- Able to lead, motivate & guide team comprising Engineers & Designers.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, energetic, taking proactive measure are desired.
- Overall operation of the Civil, Structural, Architectural and HVAC (CSA) Specialists group and the high quality and timely completion of their work within the established work hour budgets for the assigned project.
- Ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities, specifications, procedures, etc... produced within the CSA discipline assigned to him.
- Preparing deliverable list with manhour for all Civil / Structural works and activities.
- Reviewing and providing input to project schedule and ensuring all planned dates and progress are realistic.
- Preparing, Reviewing, Checking, Issuing and follow up of all CSA deliverables up to the issue for construction.
- Perform engineering design calculations and prepare design sketches as required.
- Perform steel connection design and steel fabrication drawing review.
- Assisting during Technical audit with required documentation etc & close all critical observation immediately after technical audit report is distributed.
- Coordination with Permitting Coordinator, Professional Engineers (PE) and Qualified Persons (QP) involved in the project for timely delivery of CSA documents for local authority approval.
- Preparation of sub-contract requisition along with its attachments such as MTO/BOQ and list of documents that are required by sub-contractor.
- Preparing technical evaluation of sub-contract enquiries when required.
- The careful review and reply to the Site Queries (SQ) and Site Technical Queries (STQ) of the Construction team and the Subcontractors regarding site issues and clarifications.
- To be part of field engineering team as per project need.
- Assist Chief Civil Engineer in developing / standardisation of Civil / Structural calculations, design methods and deliverables.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Registered Professional in any Accredited Professional Entity/Country, with 8 to 15 years of experience in Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Pharmaceutical Plant/ Data centre Projects.
- Preferably Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR). Must have permission to work in Singapore.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.