ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018. ENGIE are recruiting for a Project Manager with previous experience in building high value educational facilities. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Development and Investment team in the evolution of Rugeley and accelerating the transition to a carbon-neutral economy by building energy efficient homes, locally produced renewable energy and restoring the industrial area to a dynamic green district. This is a permanent, full-time role working Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Achieve the target contributions by effectively and diligently managing projects in accordance with the contract documents and programme. Responsible for ensuring that the project is delivered on time, within budget and to the agreed quality, whilst exceeding client expectations and maximising profit for Regeneration Limited. To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy and ensure all employees reporting to you do the same and being responsible for ensuring that SHEQ requirements are upheld to the highest of standards at all times. Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
Required Skills and abilities
- To lead the team on site with integrity and professionalism at all times
- Undertake programming, from overall project programme to detailed task scheduling, from inception to operation
- Provide change control procedure to maximum added value and minimise disruption to the project
- Provide structured approach to project planning to include health and safety, execution methods and quality
- Manage, train and develop all reporting staff
- Identify critical success factors and KPI's and feed back into monitoring and reporting systems
- Provide project direction, focus and consistency across the project
- Liaison with the client and contract administrator on both a formal and informal basis
- Application for all licenses, permits etc. and ensuring they are in place prior to contract commencement
- Co-ordination with sub-contractors and their appointment in conjunction with the project Commercial Manager
- Attendance, preparation and reporting for all meetings in relation to the project
- To have a clear understanding of the way the job is priced to enable us to take full benefit of any opportunities for variations, changes in specification or scope of works to maximise profit
- Ensure that all systems in place to ensure works are completed in accordance with the company's values
- Endeavour, wherever possible, to resolve difficulties in non-adversarial manner
- Understand and communicate the commercial aims of the project and business plan objectives
- Identify key project commercial indicators and monitor / measure delivery
- To chair regular team meetings, attend performance reviews and demonstrate strong team leadership and motivate the site team
- Being responsible for site safety and ensuring SHEQ roles, responsibilities and requirements are met
- Be responsible for your safety and others around you
- To attend all mandatory courses related to your role
- Comply with all the roles and responsibilities as set out within the SHEQ management system
- Resource planning and forecasting in liaison with the Commercial Manager
- Any other reasonable management request
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and programming skills
- Professional attitude and positive approach to work
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Ability to communicate effectively with all those who have a stake in the work
- Ability to control all aspects of Health and Safety on site
- Ability to effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Capable and willing to mentor and support other members of the team
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Current and valid UK driving license
- Previous high value school experience with an excess of 5 years project management
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Full UK Driving License
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Additional Locations: Europe-England
- Posting Date: Mar 30, 2021