Join our Grid-Scale Wind team as a Land Agent! Tremendous growth in the wind industry has spurred project development and, as a result, ENGIE has experienced dramatic growth and is looking for the perfect candidate to add to our Land Acquisition Staff. For this role, you must have a strong background in negotiation business transaction, organizational and leadership skills, knowledge of real estate title and the ability to travel up to 2-3 weeks per month.
This position reports to the Director of Land Acquisition and is open to Santa Barbara, CA, Denver, CO, or Marshall, MN.
What you'll do:
- Works with Company's management to develop land acquisition strategies for green field projects, existing project and project acquisitions.
- Obtains source documentation needed for easements or leases from public records, generally located in county courthouses or abstract offices.
- Organizes and delivers presentations to individual landowners, small groups of landowners and at times, large groups of landowners.
- Negotiates and acquires easements/leases for wind energy development and related agreements from project landowners with a comprehensive understanding of the terms and conditions of the Company's land agreements
- Collaborates with the legal team to oversee the delivery of accurate, complete and authenticated agreements.
- Organizes documents, records and files pertaining each project and landowner assigned to the land agent.
- Engages with and assists the project manager with surface use agreements and other issues as they arise
- Manages land inventory by communicating with landowners as necessary for the development team to prepare for construction of the wind project.
- Stays up to date with applicable federal, state or local regulations as they relate to the development of the wind project.
- Ownership of assigned projects, including managing deadlines, multiple project objectives, project time lines, and success criteria for each
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of land acquisition experience
- Minimum of 3 years of renewable energy related land acquisition experience preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of real estate matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Green IT Data Base
- Microsoft Excel and some knowledge of Access/database experience useful
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently with an eye to detail
- Team-oriented individual willing to shift focus quickly and efficiently between varying priorities
- Organizational skills required
- Travel Required (up to 60%)
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Additional Locations: North America-United States-Colorado-Denver, North America-United States-Minnesota
- Posting Date: Mar 31, 2021