Do you have a State Certified Electrician Inside Wireman Journeyman? ENGIE
has an immediate opening for a Operations and Maintenance Photovoltaic Field Technician
located in Monterey County, California
. This position is responsible for managing the maintenance activities for a large number of solar photovoltaic projects.
What you'll do:
- Maintain the performance of each photovoltaic project subject to performance guarantees. Respond to trouble tickets in a reasonable timely fashion. Troubleshoot and take corrective action and maintain service reports.
- Develop work scopes for service work orders on repairs issues that require subcontracted assistance.
- Perform scheduled annual preventative maintenance services for PV systems.
- Use of field mobile application to perform field activities, and accurate record keeping.
- Review annual preventative maintenance service reports to identify issues that require follow up corrective action. Provide feedback to the PV O&M Manager and plan the corrective action for scope of work.
- Perform corrective repair services of PV systems as directed by the O&M Manager.
- Maintain detailed expense records for all service calls including parts costs, tools, mileage, and timekeeping utilizing company provided software tools.
- The position must utilize as well as create and refine reporting systems for summary and status to management.
- Perform re-commissioning, and site inspections as needed.
- Comply 100% with all safety requirements.
- Must adhere to all required federal, state and local laws/statutes, as applicable to this role.
What you bring:
- Must be a State Certified Electrician Inside Wireman Journeyman.
- 5-7 years of experience, experience with PV design, installation, and/or maintenance
- Collaborative and communicative: The position must work very close with the PV O&M manager for daily tasks and directions.
- Provide on-the job training to Electrical apprentices.
- On Going communication with O&M Manager of field activity statues.
- The position must abide by and understand the safety requirements of the NEC electrical code, NFPA70 and OSHA 30.
- All project work must abide by the O&M and/or Performance Guarantee contract terms. Specifically pertaining to the maintenance to be performed on customer sites with respect to customer safety requirements, DOJ Livescan and site access terms and conditions.
- Analytical skills: The position requires reviewing PV system performance reports and troubleshooting under-performance issues as well as outage problems at customer sites.
- Technical requirement of commissioning, troubleshooting of solar electrical generation systems, and monitoring communication equipment.
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role
- Up to 90% travel, with occasional overnight stays
- Able to get from office to off site customers - valid driver's license required
- Ability to work outdoors and on rooftops
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Ability to lift 55 lbs or more on a regular basis. Occasional lifting in excess of 70 lbs required.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 26, 2021