Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Provide testing, repairs, and routine servicing on equipment in the shop and the field. In addition, help generate business to increase revenues through sales of Weatherford products and services.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Responsible for operating equipment and or machinery
- Involved in some technical elements (calculations of fluid volumes, pipe capacity) but primarily focused on running equipment/machinery/systems
- Hands-on and directly manipulates the equipment machinery or system; requiring precise instrumentation/operation
- Test and maintain equipment in the shop and in the field
- Provide onsite labour, when needed
- Perform maintenance and repairs on company owned and rental equipment in the field
- Assist in time, cost, and labour estimates for completion of job assignments
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency
- Accurate and thorough completion of job reports in a timely basis
- Assist in the shop and make deliveries as needed
- Works on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features
- Reviews project documents for conformity and quality assurance
- Develops new techniques and or improve processes or materials, or products
- Acts as technical specialist or advisor to management and staff
- Oversees and mentors junior level service reps in completion of their assignments
- Performs supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives and critical issues, new concepts and policy matters
- Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures
- Minimum 4 years experience as Engineer
- Engineering degree or higher level for at least two years with another Wireline Service Company. Preferred degree within Petroleum-, Mechanical-, Chemical- or Industrial Engineering.
- Meets established job criteria, including completion of Breakout Exam/Progression Checklist.
- Meet all established criteria for Senior Engineer in two of three types of Wireline services.
- Radiation, explosives, and pressure certification, as required. Skills and knowledge:
- Ability to train personnel in all service operations.
- Operates all service tools in an assigned service area.
- Must be able to perform all logging operations in geographic area.