Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
As a vital member of our Atlanta, GA team, you'll have the opportunity to work on transportation projects that focus on bridges and other transportation structure designs. Working alongside a team of technicians and engineers, you'll be responsible for creating drawings and simulations using software tools and resources supporting our clients' overall project goals.
By joining Jacobs, you will serve as our Bridge Design Engineer will serve in a lead technical role on bridge design projects and perform complex structural planning, analysis and design for all structural aspects of transportation (bridges) projects. You may serve in the lead role for transportation projects and serve as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
Other duties may include estimating project costs, contract negotiations, overseeing and ensuring that project quality, schedule, and budget requirements are met. Key focuses are business development, client presentations, and proposal preparation for some of the most complex bridge projects in GA.
If you are ready to bridge the gap between the world and its people, join Jacobs. Let's build for a brighter future together.
• BS in Civil or Structural Engineering
• At least 3 years of demonstrated experience on various types of bridges, to include analysis, design and plan development of new and rehabilitation projects. Previously demonstrated project experience with GDOT preferred.
• Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer (P.E.) in GA, or ability to obtain, is required
• Demonstrated proficiency with MicroStation, Microsoft Office Software, and a variety of structural engineering analysis and design software required. Must have a solid understanding of and practical experience applying the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications to transportation structures.
• Candidate with established local client relationships preferred
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills