bp is transforming and at our Digital Hub in Pune we are growing the digital expertise and solutions needed to advance the global energy transition.
Excited by building, delivering and enhancing the technical platforms that power bp's operations? Digital Engineering are a team of technology and software specialists providing innovative, custom-built or customized software and technical platforms to bp colleagues and external users.
We're looking for curious minds who are excited by the opportunity to create and deliver an exciting suite of digital products and services to advance the global energy transition. You will need to solve complex business challenges whilst collaborating and co-innovating globally, backed by a culture that encourages creativity and curiosity, and a team that cares brings out the best in each other.Role Synopsis
As a SAP Software Engineering Specialist, you work within a team to create software for BP colleagues and external users.
Your team's mission is to be the digital provider of choice to your area of BP - delivering innovation at speed where it's wanted, and day-in-day-out reliability where it's needed. You will operate in a dynamic and commercially focussed environment, with the resources of one of the world's largest Digital organisations and leading Digital and IT vendors working with you. You will be part of growing and strengthening our technical talent base - experts coming together to solve BP and the world's problems.
While your role will continue to remain within Software & Platform engineering, your initial activities described below may change over time.Key Accountabilities
Education and Experience
- Working with users and business analysts to understand requirements
- Helping to design, develop, and test custom software applications
- Supporting and maintaining your software. We believe in DevOps - you build it, you run it!
- Monitoring and applying emerging technologies
- Computer Science or other technical (e.g. Physics, Engineering) degree or equivalent commercial experience
- 5 to 8 years, with a minimum of 4 to 5 years of relevant experience
- SAP Systems Design and Integration
- SAP Technical Specialist
- Willingness and ability to learn at least one more programming language on top of your existing skillset
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, including design, security, design patterns for extensible and reliable code, automated unit and functional testing, CI/CD and telemetry
- Understanding of modern technologies like Cloud native, containers, serverless
- Embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- A great team-mate, considering the rest of your team and perspective of others.
- Self-aware and actively seek mentorship from others on impact and effectiveness
- Apply judgment and common sense. Use insight and good judgement respond to situations as they arise.
- Skills and/or experience in:
- Leadership and people management
- Agile methodologies
- User story definition
- Application Support
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Azure and/or AWS
- Requirements Definition and Management
- Business Risk Management
- Systems Development Management
- Business Modelling
- Monitoring and telemetry tools
- User Experience Analysis
- Empathetic: Cares about our people, our community and our planet
- Curious: Seeks to explore and excel
- Creative: Imagines the extraordinary
- Inclusive: Brings out the best in each other