Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Wood's Charlotte, NC team has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineering Intern to work full time this summer.
The position will entail working on structural evaluation, repair, and new design projects on a variety of types of commercial, government, and industrial buildings and similar structures. Our projects are generally located throughout the Carolinas and the eastern United States; however, we do work nationwide and occasionally worldwide. Candidate will have opportunity to collaborate with personnel at other Wood offices throughout the company.
Will work under the direction of Engineering Project Managers to perform the following:
- Follows company safety standards and site safety standards.
- Performs field exploration, inspection, and documentation.
- Utilizes field measuring and testing equipment.
- Reviews and interprets building code requirements.
- Performs structural analysis and design calculations.
- Utilizes AutoCAD as required to support production of construction documents.
- Develops and writes reports.
- Participates in team meetings.
Skills / Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in an accredited BS or MS program in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or related engineering degree
- Experience/class work in the following areas desirable: code review, structural analysis, and drafting related coursework
- College junior or senior level preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to generate superior written work products
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Experience with AutoCAD or Revit preferred, but not required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.