Skills: Research & Development
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
At Jacobs, we're not just building structures,we're helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilitiesthat are changing our world.We push the limits of what's possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable.
As a Site Development Engineer in our Houston office, you'll join our collaborative team providing our clients with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction management, and design-build project delivery. You'll be developing civil design for a variety of projects, including site industrial, commercial and municipal projects.
You'll be responsible for the ongoing progress of a project task or segment, including the coordination of the project with City, County, and State officials, and other outside agencies. You'll use your problem-solving skills to resolve a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
You'll also have the chance to utilize your technical expertise mentoring junior team members to help your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward.
Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
• Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Texas
• At least 6-10 years of design experience in grading, utilities and channel improvements
• At least 7-10 years of civil design experience in site development and municipal projects
• At least 5 years of Civil 3D experience developing and modeling 3D design surfaces
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Passionate about buildings and construction
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Design experience in Civil 3D and MicroStation
• Professional Master's Degree in Civil Engineering