ENGIE are recruiting for a Business Development Manager within our Business Services division. This role can be based at any of our UK offices, or remotely, and will involve national travel. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance, bonus and benefits package.
The Business Services division of ENGIE UK is responsible for providing outsourced support services (including FM), energy supply and energy and carbon services to customers across the UK.
The Business Development team is responsible for converting targeted clients in each sector into qualified opportunities and ultimately into solutions/tenders and contracts. Business Development Managers hold the lead role throughout this process, managing other resources to successfully execute strategy and secure contract wins using our Opportunity Development Framework (ODF) as the guiding process and Governance mechanism.
They will be accountable for developing the presence and understanding of ENGIE in its chosen markets, owning the front-end business development activity to increase the quality (and quantity) of our pipeline with insight and established relationships with our targeted customers and leading bid activity to ensure successful delivery of the solution and commercial offer as part of a winning proposal.
The role will primarily be focused upon the Manufacturing, Industrial and Life Sciences sectors but the successful candidate may be asked to support other sectors. The role will help lead the growth of the Business Services division taking accountability for development of key strategic accounts. The Business Development Manager will also be expected to build and actively manage close working relationships with other stakeholders in ENGIE. What is your day to day?
Who are you?
- Proactively build client relationships to maintain a high quality pipeline
- Provide leadership and direction for an agreed sub-sector including creating strategy, owning and managing pipeline and active resource and stakeholder management
- Comply with ENGIE's ODF governance process to ensure authority to proceed
- Ensure that opportunities are entered on ENGIE's CRM system and kept up-to-date
- Development of win strategies, solutions and innovations that will create competitive advantage
- Leadership of bid activity and contract negotiations in order to achieve sector growth targets
- Identify, develop and manage a pipeline of opportunities that will support our targets for in year growth and through to a 3 years look-ahead horizon on a rolling basis, ensuring that we are as close as possible to the customer and key stakeholders (to support the win-rate).
- Lead or support (depending on the size and complexity) the creation of compelling proposals and offers for the opportunities which you have developed.
Who are we?
- Track record of developing opportunities in the Manufacturing, Industrial or Life Sciences sectors
- Detailed understanding of at least one of the core services for ENGIE: TFM, Hard FM, Soft FM, Energy Management, Energy Services, Business Services etc.
- A results orientated individual who relishes challenges, people engagement / networking and team working
- Positive influencing and interpersonal skills with proven ability to quickly build relationships with target clients
- Articulate, innovative and challenging mindset with a collaborative and inclusive style
- Proven ability to develop and maintain a quality pipeline of sales opportunities
- Experience of translating client requirements into bespoke solutions
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of low carbon energy, services and regeneration.
We combine these activities to enable our customers & stakeholders to embrace a greener, more efficient and increasingly digital world.
Our purpose is to make zero carbon happen for businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland - accelerating the transition towards a net zero carbon world. Our 17,000 employees make this possible by reducing energy consumption, greening supply and enabling progress through innovative technology, data & partnerships. We are also shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 170,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.1 billion in 2019.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Posting Date: Mar 8, 2021