Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Alvarado, Texas, United States
Halliburton's Jet Research Center (JRC) has an opening for a Senior Maintenance Technician with PLC and Controls experience. In this exciting position, you will be working with equipment and automated cells used to manufacture JRC's three major product lines: wellbore explosives products, wellbore perforating hardware, and wireline tools. On our team, we appreciate not only your controls and maintenance experience and commitment to safety but also your leadership and initiative!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on numerical control, computerized numerical control, precision, and conventional machine tools, and other production equipment used in the development, manufacture, and testing of products.
- Areas of specialization may include: electrical, mechanical, vacuum, hydraulic, refrigeration, NC repair, and machine tool rebuilding, and electrical production equipment.
- Diagnoses and performs major repairs to production equipment.
- Evaluates machine tool condition and repairs for repeatability and reliability.
- Assists in making evaluations and recommendations for improvements on equipment based on maintenance history. Operates production equipment for troubleshooting purposes.
- Trains and assists lower level mechanics.
- Skills typically acquired through 5 years of machine tool repair experience.
Additional Responsibilities and Preferred Experience:
- Supports site uptime and reliability efforts on automated manufacturing cells, individual machines, and other manufacturing equipment as required.
- Programs, adjusts, modifies, maintains, and troubleshoots automated manufacturing systems.
- Demonstrated experience programming OMRON PLCs and HMIs
- Demonstrated experience with SYSMAC Studio and CX-ONE software
- Familiar with FANUC robots and controllers
- Familiar with PC based systems
- Familiar with COGNEX vision systems
- Keyence, Banner, and OMRON sensors
- OMRON and Keyence safety equipment
- Class 2 Div 1 and 2 experience
- Team oriented, self starter
This position is located in Alvarado, Texas.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
2001 Interstate 35, Alvarado, Texas, 76009, United States
Requisition Number: 91537
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.