Requisition ID: 232700 Requisition Posting End Date: 04/26/2021 Bechtel and BEn Overview
Bechtel is a premier global engineering, construction, and project management company with over 30,000 employees worldwide and 2019 revenue of $22 billion. Since 1898, Bechtel has completed more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries in power, energy, civil infrastructure, and mining & metals.
Bechtel Enterprises (BEn) is the project development, investment, and financing arm of Bechtel. We develop projects, lead M&A and project acquisition activities, provide project financing services, and invest in the development of new technologies across power, energy, transportation, communication, and other sectors. We have developed or co-developed over 70 projects ($46 billion in project costs) and have helped arrange over $54 billion in financing for Bechtel projects, including over 18,000MW of power projects across 10 countries. Bechtel Enterprises is headquartered in Reston, Virginia and has offices in Houston, London, Singapore, and Washington, D.C. Bechtel's Clean Energy Business
Bechtel has played a pivotal role in clean energy for decades, delivering more than 100,000MW of nuclear and hydro generation capacity globally, as well as landmark renewable energy projects such as Ivanpah Solar and California Valley Solar Ranch. Today, the foundation of our clean energy strategy is developing and building core renewables projects (solar PV, wind, and battery storage), in addition to continuing our work in nuclear, hydro and newer technologies (e.g. hydrogen, carbon capture). To drive this strategy and help Bechtel become a global leader in renewables, Bechtel Enterprises' is increasing project development activity in utility-scale solar, onshore wind, and battery storage. Position Summary
Joining the Bechtel Enterprises Clean Energy Development Team as a Project Development Manager is an opportunity to be an important member of a small but fast-growing team that is leading a strategic and high growth business. We are looking for a talented and energetic individual to develop utility-scale solar, onshore wind, and storage projects across the US.
The position will be responsible for the full suite of development activities on the development projects that the individual leads. This will include identifying new prospects (greenfield sites and acquisition targets) and advancing them through the development process - this includes site identification and control, permitting, resource measurement, establishing interconnection positions, and conducting community engagement. The position will work closely with our internal power marketing/origination, project finance, legal, and engineering, procurement, and construction teams. Primary Responsibilities:
- Identify development prospects and opportunities (greenfield sites and/or acquisition targets), including conducting market assessments, fatal flaw analyses, and in-person site reconnaissance.
- Advance development of assigned development projects from early-, mid-, and/or late-stages to construction-ready status.
- Align projects with Bechtel's long-term strategy and initiatives.
- Secure site control for development prospects (e.g. negotiating leases, easements, and conducting initial site reconnaissance) and coordinate landowner interface.
- Lead local, state, and/or federal permitting processes.
- Lead interconnection activities.
- Oversee project design, working closely with the internal Bechtel engineering team.
- Represent Bechtel with partners, customers, landowners, state/local officials, community leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Manage tasks according to and with accountability for budget and schedule.
- Create and maintain project maps, databases, reporting tools, and tracking tools for assigned projects.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of work experience in solar and/or wind project development.
- Track record of successful development of US solar or wind projects.
- Experience identifying prospects and opportunities (e.g. greenfield sites and acquisitions).
- Experience managing each key development workstream.
- Experience interfacing directly with external parties such as landowners, county officials, and consultants.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization, networking, time management, and accounting skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in technical/engineering or business field.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Candidate has both solar and wind project development experience (not just one).
- Experience working with project engineering and EPC teams.
- Based on the US east coast or in the Midwest.
- Master's Degree or MBA.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.