Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood has an exciting opportunity for Commercial Manager to join our team in Brunei.
Providing direction and leadership for all personnel working in the commercial function, as well as overseeing delivery of IT, Real Estate and Supply Chain Management.
Ensuring delivery of regional commercial reporting to Business Unit and ensure all commercial procedures are followed and reviewed.
Mentors and coaches' direct reports in commercial and finance processes and procedures, personnel development, and training.
- Promotes safe working practices within commercial function.
- Implementation commercial strategy for the Business Unit within assigned project / sub business unit and ensures alignment of objectives to the business unit strategy.
- Manages and provides team members with general direction in commercial activities during the contract life cycle from input into tenders through contract delivery to contract commercial closeout.
- Implementation of the Tender Governance Process within assigned project / sub business unit
- Governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework within assigned project / sub business unit
- Align project / sub business units' specific commercial requirements with Wood commercial processes and procedures and communicate to relevant personnel.
- Carry out commercial compliance review for assigned project / sub business unit.
- Liaises with various internal customers with regards to commercial management, risk reviews, corporate reporting, and contractual discussions
- Liaises with various external interfaces (Clients, Sub - Contractors, Suppliers) with regards to tendering, contractual discussions, progress meetings.
- Resource competent commercial personnel to assigned project / sub business unit.
- Manages and supervises personnel development and training of designated commercial team.
- Manages and overseas delivery or IT, Real Estate and Supply Chain Management teams
- Support Senior Vice President with business improvement initiatives.
- Deliver Commercial Presentations to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiation of Terms and Conditions with clients and suppliers
- Enhance project delivery and avoid any risk or commercial exposure to Wood.
- Contribute directly to value creation and commercial gain to Wood and Clients.
- Ensure direct report complete all Ethics, Business Code of Conduct, and all other mandatory training.
Skills / Qualifications
This Commercial Manager must have good communication and negotiation skills, with the drive to manage and deliver Wood's core values and commercial processes and procedures in an ethical manner.
- completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, or similar discipline.
- Professional qualifications desirable but not essential.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- 10 years' experience in a similar leadership / management role or professional qualification is desirable.
- Experience in negotiation, claims & dispute resolution.
- Experience in drafting and interpretation of contractual documentation
- Competent in change management
- Coaching skills
- Demonstrate commitment to Wood and client Core Values.
- Demonstrate commitment to Wood Commercial Process and Procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage others.
- Ability to prioritize key tasks and solve problems for the team.
- Ability to mentor and coach direct reports
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.