Skills: Environmental Engineer, Waste Management, Mining
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Gogama, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking an Environmental Field Coordinator, Mining supporting the world-class COTE environmental mining project.. This position will be a term hire for approximately 8 months with the potential for extension, this is a site based role at a dry construction camp on a rotation bases for in Northern Ontario.
- Environmental Coordinator supporting the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management (EPCM) team on the construction of a mining project in Northern Ontario.
- Provide field coordination in awareness and implementation of environmental practices to achieve environmental stewardship and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate and conduct field aspects to ensure protection of air, noise, aquatic and water resources, terrestrial biodiversity, waste management, cultural and historical heritage values, etc.
- Support the Environmental Manager in the development, implementation, and quality assurance/quality control of the regulatory compliance system to track and demonstrate compliance with the project's environmental and regulatory commitments and conditions.
- Conduct field audits and inspections of project construction activities to ensure regulatory compliance and implementation of Site Environmental Work Permits.
- Support the Environmental Manager with regulatory reporting on permits and approvals.
- Coordinate and support the dewatering and fish salvage activities and facilitate data management for compliance reporting requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct water monitoring and sampling field program to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with project Contractors and Consultants to meet the Project's environmental and regulatory commitments and conditions.
- Coordinate with Environmental Manager required training, mentorship, and auditing of all environmental staff with performing their job duties and responsibilities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in a science-based specialization with a minimum of 5 years water management experience in environmental compliance during construction/operations stages, and/or equivalent combinations of training and/or related experience.
- Strong knowledge of regulations and permitting requirements for large natural resources or infrastructure projects.
- Experience in leadership and managing staff containing various capabilities and expertise.
- Advanced knowledge of environmental education strategies, permitting requirements and regulatory compliance systems.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental best practices, management systems and monitoring requirements on large construction projects.
- Experience with EPCM Team on projects with demonstrated experience with facilities under construction, and technical knowledge and regulatory requirements associated with water management and fish salvage.
- Highly motivated, strong work ethic, independent, detailed orientated, and self-managed individual willing to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary project team environment.
- Good understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units of the management team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Comprehend multi-disciplinary technical reports, memos, correspondence, and engineering drawings.
- Develop presentations and effectively communicate information with individuals, small group situations, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- The ability to travel domestically on a rotational schedule and work in a dry camp environment.
- Valid drivers license.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.