Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Wood Automation and Controls is currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer with extensive experience in our Nashville (Smyrna), TN office. Individual must be able to perform design, engineering and field start up responsibilities for System Integration in the Electrical Controls industry. In addition, proven troubleshooting skills are necessary.
This role offers an opportunity to advance your career, challenge your skills, and be part of a winning team.
- Review projects including quotes, job specifications and resolve any quote to job specifications differences.
- Review specifications and standard practices - inclusive of the internal hardwired and logic standards, general specifications and scope of work.
- Design requirements which include establishing non-standard designs, generating system map layouts, generating a sequence of operations, reviewing cycle time studies and dimension switch layouts, generation of design packages, design logic, enter logic, and the design of Smart Displays.
- Material responsibility includes advance material order, specifying Mod Box material, specifying Panel material, writing Mod Box EBMs and writing panel material EBMs.
- Assisting with installation
- Debugging with no additional support
- Launch and Standby
Skills / Qualifications
- AS, BSEE, BSEET, or technical degree
- 3 - 5 years of industry experience
- System Architecture including non-standard material and control panel power requirements/distribution.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- 25% travel minimum, domestic and international opportunities
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- RSLogix 5, 5000
- RS Networx for DeviceNet, ControlNet, EtherNet IP
- DriveExecutive, DriveExplorer
- PanelBuilder PDS, 1400e, 32
- MS SQL Server
- RSView Studio
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ford NextGen standards - knowledge preferred
- Able to climb a 2 story ladder
- Can walk a mile in 20 minutes
- Be able to cover, on foot, a reasonable distance on a job site
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs without difficulty
- All of the above items to be accomplished while carrying a laptop computer
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.