Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Senior Architect Description
Wood is seeking a Senior Architect that is degreed and licensed to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have solid architectural experience, excellent communication skills, and ability to work with a group of experienced professionals.
Senior Architect shall be responsible for support and execution of projects involving the design of varying degrees of complex architectural structures. This includes planning, design coordination, and management of the architectural design aspects of a project, from its inception to completion. You will be responsible for ensuring that the client's requirements regarding the functionality and standards are met. The Architect will be responsible for managing architectural changes that may occur during the project. Registered Professional Architect license is required. This position requires a minimum of 15 years of architectural design experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong commitment to company's safety and quality programs and ensure safety practices are adhered to on all projects.
- Providing advice and insight on the resolution of unique and/or complex architectural problems and disputes.
- Providing direction and administrative quality control to project team members to ensure project needs are met on time and within budget.
- Facility investigation surveys and development of existing condition information.
- Creating investigative reports with various alternatives and associated cost estimates.
- Experience in designing retail space planning and architectural elements for large processing and distribution facilities.
- Creating traditional 30% to 100% architectural designs, specifications, opinion of costs, studies, procurement documents and stamped deliverables required by the client.
- Develop, direct, and supervise technical assignments.
- Provide technical responses for A/E and contractor submittals and requests for information.
- Conduct meetings, including client review, pre-bid, pre-construction, construction progress and close out meetings.
- Recognize and initiate business development opportunities.
- Coordinating necessary licenses or permits.
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Some overnight travel required.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS. or M.S. in Architecture.
- Registered Professional Architect license is required.
- 15+ years of related experience.
- Experience with national building codes and all Architectural sub-disciplines such as space planning for conceptual design, building design and interior design.
- Valid driver's license.
- Flexibility to work and travel outside normal business hours as required.
- Desire for continuous learning and ability to learn quickly on the job.
- Must be computer proficient with working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Excel and Word.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.