Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Deputy Program Manager Description
Wood is seeking a Deputy Program Manager to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a solid project management background in elevator design, leadership experience, excellent communication skills, and ability to work with a group of experienced professionals.
Deputy Program Manager shall be responsible for managing the Elevator Program. You will also be responsible for managing small to large facility-type projects, as well as planning, designing, coordination and control of these projects. You will be responsible for ensuring that the client's requirements regarding the functionality and standards are met. You will also be responsible for ensuring that that projects are completed successfully. The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for assisting Project Managers in dealing with any delays that may happen during a project, such as emergencies and/or unforeseen conditions that may occur. A mechanical engineering license and Project Management Professional certifications are desired, but not required. This position requires a minimum of 15 years of experience in related engineering and management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong commitment to company's safety and quality programs and ensure safety practices are adhered to on all projects.
- Support management of the Elevator Program and Project Managers.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Planning, directing and coordinating investigative studies and all types of elevator designs.
- Generating proposals, change order requests and track client billings.
- Scheduling and estimating the time required to complete the project.
- Managing/working on technical assignments and direct design related projects.
- Managing scope, organization, budget, and schedule from simple to complex $1M+ elevator projects.
- Managing multiple projects at one time.
- Coordinating and working with multi-disciplined engineering staff throughout the U.S. Determine the best source of internal resources and ensure sufficient project staff are available.
- Scheduling and coordinating all types of design during the construction process.
- Ensuring projects are completed within established Design Standards.
- Ensuring projects are completed within schedule and budget; and develop contingency strategy if schedule or budget are not being met.
- Overseeing the selection of trade contractors and general contractors who are ideal for the completion of a project.
- Overseeing the performance of designers and contractors.
- Some overnight travel required.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering is desired.
- 15+ years of related experience.
- Preferred Professional Engineering (PE - Mechanical) license in any US State or Territory.
- Preferred Project Management Professional certification.
- Valid driver's license.
- Flexibility to work and travel outside normal business hours as required.
- Strong understanding of building and NFPA codes.
- Construction or mechanical contractor background.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.