Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Modeling, Software Specialist
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Director, Integrated Planning and Digital Solutions who is recognized by Canadian provincial and municipal government agencies, academia and peers as an innovator and leader in the sector. Based in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), this new position reports to the Thought Leader and Strategy Advisor -- part of Wood's dynamic and growing Integrated Mobility Solutions group.
The successful candidate will be a powerful combination of a transfomrative business visionary and strategist, and an establsihed leader and expert practitioner in transportation systems and transit planning, travel demand modelleling, and smart mobility and digital solutions. He/she will be responsible for:
- Leading and growing Wood's Integrated Planning and Digital Solutions service lines, delivering excellent outcomes for clients, team members and the communities we live and work in
- Providing multi-year strategic leadership and day-to-day leadership, management, and mentorship to Wood's in-house Transportation Planning, Travel Demand Modelling and Smart Mobility/Digital Solutions teams
- Collaborating and synergyzing with the other key practices and discipliens that make up Integrated Mobility Solutions: Engineering Solutions, Environmental Management Solutions, Sustainable Transportation and Asset Management, Strategy and Development (including Active and New Mobility, Traffic Impact and Operations, and some tansportation planning)
- Developing and implementing a one to five-year business strategies including client, project, revenue forecasts; market demand and technology trend assessments, and key performance indicators of success,, to grow the Integrated Planning and Digital Solutions service lines in Ontario, Canada and globally
- Strategic business planning, networking and marketing to assert Wood's presence and credibility in Integrated Planning and Digital Solutions, and the related Wood capabilities
- Recruiting and growing the talent and other critical resources, required to achieve and sustain market leadership
The successful candidate will be a demonstrated thought leader, creating and communicating socio-economic, demographic, market and technological change insights to advance Wood as the continuously improving, state-of-art and transformative leader of Integrated Planning and Digitial Solutions.
- Creating and marketing new planning and modelling software as-a-service applications and solutions, adding more value for clients and unlocking new revenue streams for Wood
- Establishing collaborations and partnerships with Canada's leading academic and R&D institutions to leverage competitive advantage, continuous methodology improvement and future talent recruitment.
- Position the GTA-based Integrated Planning and Digital Solutions service line as a Wood Global Centre of Excellence with an international market mandate, connecting with other Wood thought leaders and subject matter experts in Europe and the US, and positioned to deliver World Bank and other international finance agency transportation and transit planning and modelling projects.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will bring 15 years of progressively responsible experience in developing and applying multimodal demand models to support transportation and transit planning at the provincial/state, regional and municipal levels of planning, including:
- Leading or providing major inputs for multimodal Transportation Master Plans, Transportation or Transit Environmental Assessments, Transit and Micro-Transit Service Plans, and Goods Movement Strategies, and other regional and municipal-scale transportation policy and planning studies
- Collecting and analyzing demographic, socio-economic, technology, trade flow, travel survey, and other data inputs and forecasts that inform evidence-based transportation policy development, planning and modelling.
- Conducting micro-simulation modeling, including base year model calibration and future year model volume delay function validation
- Performing sensitivity/stress tests and applying risk modeling to develop baseline and multiple development scenarios
- Incorporating machine learning into the development of innovative planning and modelling software-as-a-service solutions
- Providing insights on the uncertainty and variability of critical input parameters in the post COVID-19 context or restarting, recovering, and incorporating agility and resilience in transortation policy, planning and operations
- Identifying emerging and future trends that sre shaping transportation demand, policy and planning - particularly in the "New Mobility" sectors of active mobility, micro mobility, net zero emissions mobility, on-demand mobility, shared mobility, and smart mobility and digital solutions
- Carrying out due diligence and quality assurance/quality control procedures on various phases of planning, policy and business case multiple-account evaluation studies
Additional requirements include:
- Graduate degree in Economics, Engineering, Planning or related discipline
- Expert-level practitioner/experience with transportation demand modelling software and tools including Dynameq, EMME, NLogit 5.0 TransCAD, TRESO and VISUM
- Minimum five-to-seven years of senior management experience in leading, mentoring and growing a successful transportation and transit planning and modelling practice
- Demonstrated commitment to nurturing a workplace culture that values respect, and rewards customer and technical excellence and innovation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.