London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Executive, Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Within our Water and Environment business our Carbon and Energy team advises clients on the challenges and opportunities regarding climate change and sustainability issues including; decentralised, decarbonised generation and energy transition, as well as carbon accounting, policy and regulatory support.
About the opportunity
Jacobs is seeking a principal consultant and associate director to join its Carbon and Energy team to help deliver continue growth in our services to support clients' understand their responsibilities to meet the challenge of the Paris Agreement, including requirements of the energy transition and carbon neutral ambitions, including sustainable transport. Key to this is the need to be at the forefront of the dynamic change we are living in in terms of energy generation, management and distribution.
In joining the team, you will require technical, analytical and commercial skills in energy technologies and systems, and carbon management to advise on the risks and opportunities for both Jacobs and our clients. In addition, your abilities will be required to support other circular economy and sustainability activities across a range of clients and sectors.
You will be responsible for managing client relationships, delivering projects/programmes in accordance with Jacobs project management practices and developing new business in decarbonisation and energy transition. Specifically the role requires delivering projects and workstreams, providing advice relating to climate change, energy and carbon, liaising with clients, and contributing to business development. This role offers the opportunity to manage and work with a diverse portfolio of high-profile clients, and on exciting operational and infrastructure projects in the UK and globally.
Energy Systems Technology and Analysis
- Significant experience and knowledge in the following:
- Modern/future energy systems in terms of their technical properties and economic and environmental impacts.
- Technologies and systems including renewable and low carbon generation and storage technologies.
- Business case assessment applying energy resources and demands along with the main sources of data and methods for analysis and technologies.
- Management of a team or project that undertakes the analysis of energy systems.
Energy Economics and Policy
- Experienced in the energy market and the regulatory/policy framework, including detailed knowledge of:
- energy demand and supply markets
- key actors
- financial/fiscal measures applied in the sector
- policy instruments and market mechanisms for carbon mitigation
- Ability to develop a clear evidence base and Cost/Benefit analysis to decision making process
- A detailed understanding of different business models for energy systems
- A firm understanding of the role of transport in the overall energy systems, specifically:
- road and rail transport technologies (EV and fuel cell technologies)
- implications on the energy infrastructure
- current and emerging technologies
- role and impact of transport policy
Primary Role Responsibilities
The role will need to undertake tasks such as:
- Programme/Project Management
- Engaging with a range of stakeholders at all levels including director/c-suite (internal networks, clients, partners etc.)
- Maintaining knowledge of energy/carbon policy developments, energy markets and wider energy/sustainability issues
- Managing and developing research on innovative technologies and application to requirements
- Providing direction on
- Energy demand modelling
- Carbon modelling and accounting
- Leading on business case development for a range of investment opportunities
- Being accountable for key tasks and quality data outputs
- Proficiency with Excel, Pivot tables, information systems management
- Analysing data, prepare visual outputs of results in an engaging and meaningful way for our clients
This role is a senior level and should have substantial experience of working at director levels within private and/or public sector.
- A degree and post graduate degree in science/economics/engineering/mathematics related 2:1 or above
- Strong data validation and analysis skills are essential. As such a high level of competency in MS Excel is expected;
- Strong interpretation skills to understand options and scenario planning for carbon reductions at a Board level;
- Extensive experience in assessing the decarbonisation and energy transition issues and services for a business or organisation, including the asset, financial and operational impacts;
- Detailed knowledge of current and anticipated environmental, carbon and energy policy and legislation and how this can apply to organisations and projects;
- A breadth of experience of programmes and financial management of large technical programmes including in the international development field;
- Exemplary communication skills, ability to engage with colleagues and clients and provide
- clear, evidence-based advice verbally and within written reports and presentations;
- Ability and experience to make effective decisions, collaborating and partnering, delivering value for money, delivering at pace.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.