United States of America - Texas, San AntonioJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a Cost Control Manager in San Antonio, Texas, to assist with procurement of subcontractors, contract execution, cost reporting, change management, cost analyses scope, and contract closure. The candidate will be required to be on site for the project. (no Telecommute).About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
About DCSA-Program Management and Construction Management
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
- As an industry leader in program and construction management, we partner with clients to support projects from concept to completion. From education, healthcare, transportation and water facilities to sports, leisure, cultural arts and other public gathering venues, we deliver on the promise of protecting our clients' interests as our own and building partnerships with the communities we serve.
The candidate would be responsible for the following task:Procurement:
- Support with local contract terms and conditions, formulation of contract strategy and development of GC negotiation plan.
- Lead Cost analysis, bid leveling and subsequent negotiations.
- Manage the procurement of Sub-Contract Trade packages inclusive of, but not limited to, reviewing documentation, evaluation of GC analysis of returns, attendance at post meetings.
Project Cost Reporting:
- Preparation of detailed budgets in support of the Project Expenditure Release (PER) process for the project.
- Lead all Value Engineering workshops and option cost exercises, including developing, reporting on and maintaining a project VE log.
- Compare estimate with the estimates received from the GC, provide a schedule of differences.
- Provision of monthly project financial reports including, but not limited, Capital Expenditure Forecasting, Project Cost and Accruals, and Monthly Financial Reviews.
Post Contract Services:
- View and validate actual progress on site based on site walks and apply against the agreed GMP / Lump Sum summary for monthly payment application reviews utilizing the standard WBS library.
- Maintain standard GC invoicing application workbook to be used in validation and review and certification GC's monthly applications for payment; and
- Provide the role of interim approver of all project invoices within the Invoice Approval Process.
- Manage the change control process. Attend all weekly change meetings, provide contractual, construction cost and budget advice on all proposed changes. Keep record of all changes up to date on a weekly basis.
- Support any contractual matters arising from contractor or sub-contractor contract performance.
- Review and audit Contractor's insurance certificates / performance bonds against the Contract requirements follow through on deficiencies with the applicable stakeholders.
- BA/BS + 8 years of relevant experience or demonstration equivalency of experience and/or education
- At least 2 years experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- U.S. Citizen
.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Program and Project ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.