Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better - and how you can play your part in our extraordinary team?
Join our Supply Chain team and advance your career!
The Procurement & Purchasing Manager - Thailand will be accountable for all procurement and purchasing activities, operation and process improvement in country. In this role, you will have opportunity to support & implement the Global and Regional non-hydrocarbon Lubricants procurement strategies, develop and maintain close working relationships with business partners, routinely assess their satisfaction and develop improvement and competitiveness opportunities and monitor and measure the delivery of delegated category sourcing and supplier post award market intelligence
- Set procurement & purchasing team goals and objectives, define critical metrics and manage, coach and develop to enable the team to meet its performance targets.
- Be responsible for the development, performance management and career guidance of all direct reports, and oversee talent management across the country procurement team
- Ensure relationships with the global/regional stakeholders are fostered and the value of procurement is measured and improved over time.
- Seek opportunities for valuable supply and supplier management processes
- Support business colleagues in determining procurement strategies, use areas, procurement process and supplier relation management to improve supply/supplier management knowledge and general procurement skills
- Lead supplier relationship management, review and negotiate contract terms and conditions, ensuring that all internal partners are aligned with the sourcing and procurement strategies in partnership with GSC, category managers, GLT and marketing/sales
- Drive effective procurement governance, clearly-accountable decision making, ensure the appropriate policy processes and procedures are in place and operational
Essential experience and job requirements:
- University degree and equivalent work experience, in an appropriate technical and commercial field.
- Language: English - Fluent
- Minimum 5 years in procurement managerial function
- Strategic sourcing and advanced skills in negotiation and supplier management
- Familiar with e-tender process
- Strong influencing skills with ability to negotiate contracts and agreements
- Effective leadership skills which embrace change & challenge, strong in organizational, planning, budgeting and control skills.
- Have strong business sense, good communication skill, and ability to meet target, including significant ability to complete tasks with time constraints and manage multiple demands/projects.
- Have problem solving skills, ability to have a clear view of overall business objectives; possess passion, perseverance, and a strong desire to success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Grade HResponsible for coordinating the activities of a team accountable for providing day-to-day dedicated procurement, programme and stakeholder management support for a hub or at site, based on sound procurement management knowledge, and conducting day-to-day (non-category aligned) procurement execution activities in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.