Skills: Dynamic Pressure Management (MPD / UBD), MWD / LWD
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Malaga, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Australia
Weatherford is one of the largest global services providers to the oil and gas industry with over 35,000 employees in over 100 countries. On behalf of our clients we run a wide range of Weatherford's portfolio of tools and services across conventional and unconventional onshore and offshore oil & gas projects.
We are seeking Field Specialists in our Underbalanced Drilling operations based out of Perth, Western Australia. These roles will require frequent travel offshore to service our clients' requirements. We are always interested in candidates with previous UBD field experience, we recognise transferable skills and the value of the right attitude to work offshore.
The current roles that we are trying to fill are:
- Field Specialist IV
- Field Specialist III
- Field Specialist II
- Field Engineer II
Key duties and Responsibilities for these roles are as follows:
- Lead the rig up/down function test, pressure test and operation of all Managed Pressure Drilling equipment on site and preparing the paperwork requirements with minimal supervision. This can be done in the base or field location.
- Train and mentor operators
- Lead and Supervise all Managed Pressure Drilling, mechanical and hydraulic inspection requirements
- Lead and supervise any changes to Managed Pressure Drilling, mechanical or hydraulic equipment.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal staff, client and 3rd party service providers.
- Document any incidents in the Weatherford Performance Tracking System (WPTS)
- Lead and supervise the completion of all field documentation.
- Troubleshoot Managed Pressure Drilling equipment and implement corrective action.
To be successful, you must be able to demonstrate the below:
- Can demonstrate, apply knowledge and perform all hands on functions of all operations Managed Pressure Drilling equipment including rig up, operating, event identification and downhole theory, maintenance of compression / separation equipment and trouble shooting
- Conversant with all matters related to Managed Pressure Drilling equipment on site, including regulatory standards.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
In return for these skills, attributes and experience Weatherford will reward you with an exciting role, competitive remuneration and a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with one of the world's leading oilfield service companies.
Weatherford Australia are equal opportunity employers and encourage anyone with the skills and knowledge required to be successful in this position to apply.