Education: Masters Degree
Location: Santa Barbara, California, United States
Wood is seeking experienced Archaeologists to work periodically on an as-needed project basis with senior project managers, senior archaeologists and architectural historians, and other environmental staff to expand existing and new client relationships, contribute to Wood's capacity in the environmental and engineering marketplace, and to:
- Perform background research including archaeological site record and archival historical documentation searches;
- Participate in Phase I surveys and Extended Phase I, Phase II Significance Assessments, and Phase III Data Recovery excavations;
- Construction monitoring;
- Conduct cultural resource studies in compliance with CEQA, NEPA, and other federal, state and local laws and regulations; and
- Contribute to National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) Section 106 and/or 110 consultation studies.
The successful candidate will report to a Senior Program Manager and work directly with environmental and cultural resources specialists throughout California and the West. Primary responsibilities will include field work, report preparation, presentations of findings and recommendations, environmental impact analyses per NEPA, CEQA, Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 permitting, etc. Familiarity with compliance with the NHPA, Archaeological Resources Protection Act, Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act, and related guidelines are required. RPA certification is a plus.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field
- Increasing experience in performing cultural resources services in California
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Working knowledge of cultural resources management and environmental principles and standards
- Working experience with compliance with NHPA, ARPA, NAGPRA, etc.
- Experience with survey and monitoring for cultural resources, especially related to large scale linear and/or utility and infrastructure projects
- Experience identifying and analyzing a wide variety of archaeological materials (e.g., lithic, faunal, shell) from prehistoric and historic sites in the field
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.