Skills: Warehouse Person
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Albany, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Warehouse Specialist r esponsible for managing all assigned Capital/Expense warehouse related activities on the site.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Warehouse Specialist to support our client site in Albany, GA. The Warehouse Specialist will interact with Construction Management and Plant personnel and be responsible for managing all assigned Capital / Expense warehouse-related activities on the site.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a warehouse, operating a forklift, and have experience with rigging. He/She will be self-motivated; with the ability to prioritize and organize the movement people, equipment, or inventory. Qualified candidates must be committed to following all safety procedures and have the ability to take initiative should they see a process or action is problematic.
At this time, we are considering local qualified candidates, or those who are authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
- As a Wood representative (demonstrate our commitment to safety, quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction) through daily activities and in all communications with Construction Management (CM), client project teams or Plant personnel
- Actively track project material in and out of the warehouse. Material tracking will include updating a master material tracking list, labeling material, getting signatures upon material pick, and keeping building doors locked to control who comes in and out
- Actively maintain office & warehouse areas, organize areas to store material brought into the building. Take preventative steps to prevent materials becoming cluttered and disorganized. All equipment and material in the warehouse area must be orderly, organized, and free from debris, contamination, and pests
- Responsible for the safe unloading, storage, inventory and tracking of material purchased by the client and Wood. Process Bill of Lading paperwork.
- Work directly with Wood CM or client project personnel to schedule incoming material and equipment. Ensure space is available for storage and a logistics plan is developed for all capital equipment and material
- Compare loads delivered and packing slips with Purchase Orders, noting, tracking, and communicating back orders, material delivery shortages, and damages. File damaged equipment claims with the freight company as needed
Skills / Qualifications
- High school diploma is required; post-secondary education an asset
- Minimum of one-year related experience and/or training in warehouse operations (with rigging); or equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Must be willing and available to take in-house Safety training; OSHA 10 or 30 an asset
- Minimum of one year of Rigging experience required
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record; and the ability to drive a Fork Truck and School bus on site safely
- Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; this role requires an individual who can think effectively on their feet, prioritize, and deal effectively with a wide range of professionals and personalities
- Diligent with following processes and working efficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate clearly with others
- Proficient in MS Office (particularly Excel) and have the ability to learn a new ERP
- Requires occasional lifting, must have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds in weight
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.