Experience: 25 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Geologist with a minimum of 25 years' experience to provide on call hydrogeological support under RCRA, CERCLA, VRP, and Brownfields regulatory programs, as well as other related environmental projects. This exciting opportunity offers a position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record as a hydrogeologist. Candidate should have a successful track record executing complex environmental projects in a variery of geological settings. Typical projects include hydrogeological assessments and studies, environmental remediation, operation and maintenance of groundwater system, and other general environmental services. Candidates should be self-motivated, have experience working with a diverse team and be able to work on projects with variable complexity. The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills including a strong technical understanding of their primary area of practice and experience in other aspects of environmental consulting.
- Assist with various environmental projects including, site characterization, remedial designs, and preparation of reports and other related documentation
- Perform, analyze, and report on specific environmental project tasks and research and recommend solutions to technical problems in accordance with accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles
- Participation and collaboration with other Wood offices and staff on larger, multidisciplinary assignments
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related technical field
- 25 + years of experience
- Appropriate professional registration or certification
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong client relationships
- If the job requires work on hazardous waste sites, then a physical exam is required to obtain medical clearance
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.