The customer application Engineering is responsible for the evaluation and specification of equipment used to inspect our customers pipelines. Provides support for all technical queries dealing with PPS products including Cleaning, Gauging, Geometry and Pipeline Inspection Vehicles systems.Roles and Responsibilities of the Test Engineer role
- Conduct system level fault testing of the PPS inspection tools in shop or field
- Using supplied manuals and engineering drawings, conduct detailed test and repair of the electronic data acquisitions systems used by the PPS Inspection tools.
- Develop test equipment which can be used to improve fault diagnosis and resolution
- Participate in failure investigations
- Participate in design reviews
- Assemble and test new electronic assets as needed
- Support supply chain as required to resolve supplier deviations
- Additional duties as required by manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering field
- A sound practical and technical background in electrical engineering, troubleshooting, data analysis, and fault finding
- Technical knowledge of pipeline inspection
- 2 - 3 years of experience with Pipeline Inspection.
- Willing to travel to resolve problems (As required- up to 10%)
- Flexible and able to work with minimum supervision on multiple projects
- Ability to work within the constraints of each project, balancing resources against timescales
- Ability to plan workload and react to change
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to use both past experience and technical knowledge to achieve solutions to complex problems within agreed budget and timescales
- Willingness to acquire the technical knowledge of new products
- On Time Delivery (OTD)
- First Time Yield (FTY) Ensure solutions provided are safe, successful and to the client's satisfaction
- Ensure client satisfaction by communication and timely production of quality responses.
- Produce solutions within agreed budget to the satisfaction of the Project Leader
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.