Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Senior Financial Analyst.
Assist the Supervisor of Financial Planning and Reporting to provide timely and accurate financial analysis/reporting and complete quarterly/annual planning processes for the Global Nabors Drilling Solutions Geomarkets. Complete special projects and drive improvement initiatives within the NDS Controller's group.
- Complete analysis/reconciliations of income statement and balance sheet accounts and investigate deviations and trends
- Own quarterly/annual planning models and provide statuary reporting per requirements
- Develop, implement and maintain enhanced reporting with utmost attention to timeliness, quality and usefulness of information for Sr. Management decision-making - both day to day and strategic in nature
- Provide proactive management information and analysis for review and decision support and actively interface with key stakeholders on regular basis
- Participate in AFE process; monitor and report on open AFEs
- Drive continuous improvement in the group and implement efficient and effective procedures; correctly document all processes
- Participate in the month end close and reporting process, as needed
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the Controller and Supervisor of Financial Planning and Reporting
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience across following areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial reporting, Accounting close process, Audit
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel; general database knowledge (SQL, PowerBI, PowerPivot, etc.)
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, able to multitask, and prioritize multiple projects
- Proven ability to work under pressure and make effective decisions
- Commitment to complete work within established time parameters and flexible enough to meet special project deadlines as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
Essential Skills/ Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Up to 5% travel time required
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs