The delivery of our high value data and analytics initiatives, and the enablement of the technologies and platforms that will support those objectives is critical to achieving bp's digital ambitions.About the job?
You'll be part of bp's Data & Analytics Platform organisation, responsible for the platforms and services that operate bp's big data supply chain. Our portfolio covers technologies that support the life cycle of critical data and ML products, bringing together data producers and consumers, industrial scale operations of data ingestion, processing, storage and publishing, including data analytics platforms.
The team build engineering features on our Analytics and ML platform environments and services to facilitate the data and ML product development lifecycle.
Creating the vital automation and data & ML pipelines so data analysts and data scientists have a consistent way of accessing and processing data sets, and train ML models.
You'll have the opportunity to design and develop DevOps features and control frameworks on our advanced analytics and ML industrialization environment so we can have a focused way to productionise and monitor data & ML products at scale.About you?
Your experience and expertise will include:
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
- Design, implementation and maintenance of reliable and scalable data and analytics infrastructure, including design and development of industrial scale data and ML pipelines on Azure and AWS data platforms and services, building data ingestion and publishing pipelines, and development and provisioning of data sets and ML models for wide scale access for data professionals.
- Design and develop software for distributed systems, data warehouses, execute on GDPR and other privacy requirements from digital security and need to have business context and knowledge about the data domains they are working in.
- Leading end-to-end technical data and model lifecycle and corresponding data and ML technology stack for their data and modelling domain, and to have good understanding of the bp technology stack.
- Write, deploy and maintain software to build, integrate, manage, maintain, and quality-assure data and models, responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements; develops, maintains and improves CI / CD pipeline.
- Advocating for software engineering best practice.
- Responsible for service reliability and following site-reliability engineering standard methodologies: on-call rotations for services. Containerize server deployments.
- Participate in industry working group for standard evolution.
- Mentoring others, contributing to or leads data engineering learning paths
- Hands-on experience designing, planning, implementing, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable data and ML infrastructure and products in sophisticated environments.
- Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++)
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
- Deep knowledge experience in technologies across all data and ML lifecycle stages
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead teams through influence
- Continuous learning and improvement approach
- BS degree in computer science or related field
A company culture where we respect our diverse teams and are proud of our achievements
- Possibility to join social communities and networks
- A healthy work-life balance
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- And many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Critical to achieving bp's digital ambitions is the delivery of our high value data and analytics initiatives, and the enablement of the technologies and platforms that will support those objectives.
As a DataEngineer you will be developingand maintainingdata infrastructure andwriting, deploying and maintainingsoftware tobuild, integrate, manage, maintain, and quality-assure data and machine learning (ML) workloads at bp. You are passionate about planning and building compelling data and ML products and services, in collaboration with business stakeholders, Data Managers, Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Architects in bp.