Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project with ADNOC. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC Lead Civil and Structural Engiener to join us. This position will be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE initially for a very short period of time until it relocates to Europe or South Korea.
- Work independently in the group and Lead Civil and structural Design Engineers and work in a team of engineering and design office
- Apply experience, engineering techniques, codes, standards, analysis calculations, specification, company procedures, sound judgment, and design criteria to conduct his work
- Ensure that all civil and structural works done at company are per approved specifications
- Prepare quality assurance and control documents for civil / structural jobs
- Field inspection of work activities, surveying and measurement taking
- Act Lead Engineer for civil / structural related projects / jobs
- Prepare drawings for design and produce himself in electronic format. Also, if work load increases, he shall produce sketches to allow designers / draft men to draw on electronic format, he will then verify the drawings
- Work directly with project engineers, designers, CAD operators, and draft men to ensure work activities are coordinated. He may also be required to supervise and train these personnel
- Use software related to civil / structural for design, calculations and preparation of design packages (i.e., Staadpro)
- Responsible in planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices
Skills / Qualifications
- BE in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum 20 years of Experience in Civil and structural design in onshore oil and gas projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.