Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project with ADNOC. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC Senior Procurement Engineer to join us. This position will be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE initially for a very short period until it relocates to Europe or South Korea.
- Select and prepare the adequate tendering and contracting strategy that ensures the best value for ADNOC expenditure following the best practice and innovative ideas
- Prepares contractual and commercial aspects of any procurement, support works and service tenders required by projects, in consultation with Project Managers
- Prepares and compiles Tender / agreement (purchase Order / contract) documentation, with Project Team, legal and finance groups to ensure viability, legality, interpretation and ease of administration
- Provides expertise for Tenderer's prequalification and processes bid list, including any pre-qualification exercises and evaluations required and obtains relevant management / tender board approvals
- Participates in the technical and un-priced commercial evaluation of tenders and then leads the subsequent priced commercial evaluation of technically acceptable offers that includes professional adjustment factors depending on the nature of the job and tender
- Prepares a comprehensive techno-commercial evaluation report and recommendations
- Processes award recommendations ensure necessary approvals and finalize with successful bidder and the contract documentation
- Validates the development and implementation of all contractor procedures for conformity with the Contract Checks conformity of all documentation called for, including guarantees, performance bonds, insurance and the like with agreed formats and processes as required
- Assists in evaluating contractor's request for approval of vendors and sub-contractors
- Monitors performance of contractor's procurement activities in terms of timely delivery and quality
- Administers contractors' request for approval of vendors and sub-contractors
- Monitors performance of contractors' procurement activities in terms of timely delivery and quality
- Administers contractors' reimbursement and valuation submissions, and coordinates with the Finance Division as required
- Reviews, advises and negotiates as part of constituted team, revised terms, variation order requests, change orders, claims in liaison with responsible management
- Assists project controls group in obtaining and assessing cost and progress data performance Provides relevant data and assist to the Contract Administration System and provides facilities for performance analysis of the historical tender / contract matters
- Coordinates the final 'close-out' of completed purchase order / contract by ensuring proper resolution of all outstanding issues Provides input and reviews the commercial aspect of 'Performance Reports on Contractors'
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferable
- Minimum of 15 years of experience within the oil and gas industry
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.