Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
As a Service Engineer (Incident & Problem), you will:
- Take the lead to manage resolution of major incidents impacting BP.
- Take responsibility for the investigation, diagnosis and resolution of major incidents within the region.
- Ensure that progress on service management is continually assessed, making appropriate interventions, directing and facilitating resolution activity. Ensuring appropriate escalation within resolution teams.
- Manage the quality of communications to stakeholders ensuring that major incident communications are relevant, concise and timely.
- Provide training and communication for processes and tools.
- Participate in the capacity as a citizen developer to develop no-code / low-code digital product to drive service automation in support of bp's digitalisation journey.
- Contribute to community knowledge sharing and drive a culture of continuous improvement within your team. Encourage innovation and delivery of initiatives and technologies that will optimise operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build awareness of internal and external technology developments; manage the delivery of process and system improvements; identify and implement continuous improvement plans for Service Engineering and ensuring best practices are shared across the team.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree, ideally in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science.
- ITIL Core Process
- Incident and Problem Management
- Relationship Management
- Customer Service Support
- Business Risk Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Service Acceptance
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
- Dev Ops / Site Reliability Engineering
- Information Security
- Application Support
- Performance Management
- Service Level Management
- Operational Support
- Customer Service Support
- ServiceNow Development
All role holders
- Embraces a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- Effective team player who looks beyond own area/organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others.
- Is self-aware and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness
- Applies judgment and common sense - able to use insight and good judgement to enable commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- Ensures personal compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrates strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- Cultural fluency - actively seeks to understand cultural differences and sensitivities.
A discipline of technology service experts providing core engineering capabilities in service development, maintenance, testing, operations and ongoing improvement. It is expected that Site/Software Reliability Engineering principles and operations support techniques are inherent in all roles. Primary activities will focus around delivery leading the development, testing, operations and ongoing improvements to digital products. Activities will also focus on operational integrity, assuring operational compliance with architectural and security standards, as well as compliance and policy controls refined by Strategy, Digital Security or other relevant Regulatory, Legal and Compliance functions.
Relationship Management skills are critical in these roles. Service Engineers will collaborate extensively with technology teams to resolve complex incidents, requests and problems, and will act as technical advisors on major digital projects. Service Engineers will also assure the safe application and adoption of new and changed technology into the environment, working with customers to ensure requirements are met and respond to escalation where needed.