Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project with ADNOC. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC QA QC Specialist to join us. This position will be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE initially for a very short period of time until it relocates to Europe or South Korea.
- Monitor the implementation of the quality management system in project execution
- Enhance quality performance and improvement across the project through audits and surveillance
- Establish, document and maintain a quality control system for PMC site activities
- Ensure the establishment of a trained, qualified and competent quality team.
- Actively mentor team members, conduct professional development reviews and recommend suitable candidates for promotion
- Supervise the implementation of technical integrity verification
- Liaise with the EPC Contractor as directed. Ensure assigned work is managed and delivered to ADNOC satisfaction
- Enhance and demonstrate commitment to raising HSE standards and proposing new initiatives or improvements
- Prepare project quality audit schedules and conduct project quality audits. Monitor and review site inspection and testing
- Participate in project meetings and report on quality issues
- Participate in Subcontractor evaluations to review bid's submittals on quality requirements, participate in risk analysis and technical scoring processes
- Participate in Construction, Pre-commission and Commission reviews on quality matters
- Participate in project risk assessment workshops
- Coordinate Wood / ADNOC and / or a Third-party Agency Participation in inspection and testing at manufacturers facilities. Conduct internal quality surveillance and report to Construction Manager
- Support other quality personnel (Coordinators and Inspectors) in monitoring Contractor's work execution during the construction phase
- Direct and supervise a team of relevant discipline engineers
- Responsible for providing expertise and ensures the application of correct standards in all EPC deliverables in the design and development of projects associated with Oil and Gas processing, production and export
- Supervise the work of relevant discipline Engineers and Superintendents and ensure that quality and standards are maintained, and cost-effective solutions are adopted
- Fully understands the company hse policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility
- Ensures that work under his control is performed in a safe and environmentally sound manner
Skills / Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 20 years of relevant experience in the offshore / onshore Oil and Gas industry
- Must have at least five years of experience in similar position for international major Oil and Gas projects including minimum three years in consultancy organization
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.