Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Business Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Within our Water and Environment business we are currentlyrecruiting for a Consultation Analyst Senior Professional, to be based in our Manchester, Glasgow, Reading or London office.
About the opportunity:
- Overall responsibility for development, delivery and evaluation of high-quality consultations across multiple geographical areas and within different planning regimes
- Ensure all consultation activities and materials are designed to deliver legal compliance and best practice for obtaining relevant consent or approvals for major infrastructure projects
- Represent clients at stakeholder meetings and manage/build these relationships with local communities, businesses, industry and political stakeholders, and supporting the relationships with senior stakeholders
- Develop and manage communication and engagement strategies to support public consultations, considering any statutory requirements
- Manage coding and preparation of consultation analysis report - working with/leading a team through the process including data entry, code frame development, coding, analysis and report writing
- Development and management of online platforms for consultation in addition to traditional methods
- Consultation event management including planning logistics for road shows, exhibitions, meetings etc including venues, transport, etc
- Manage coordination with technical work streams for production of all required materials, gain appropriate sign off internally and with clients for materials
- Contribute to our growing Consultation Centre of Excellence with training, advocacy and advice
- Experience of designing, managing and evaluating public consultation on major infrastructure and environmental projects, working with latest digital techniques
- Experience of engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders at high level and working with technical teams across different work streams and disciplines
- Confident management and delivery of consultation activities in a fast-moving project environment and ability to respond to change rapidly in time-critical situations
- A proven track record of working a high performing team through the consultation process
- Equally comfortable representing the organisation externally with stakeholders and also representing stakeholders' concerns with internal colleagues during the design and development process
- Ability to make often complex language and concepts accessible and understandable to a broad range of people
- Proven ability to perform and multi-task under pressure, respond quickly to changing situations in complex project environments, prepare responses/narrative quickly and clearly and use personal initiative
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience; preferably in a communications or business management role
- Good understanding of both the legal and political dimensions to consultation and engagement
- Understanding of the engagement and consultation requirements within different planning regimes across the UK
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.