New York, United States
New York, United States
Skills: CAD / CAM, Mechanical Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New York, United States
At Jacobs, we're transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today. We're seeking a CFD Mechanical EITto join our team in New York. You'll have the opportunity to use your theoretical knowledge and apply it to solving today's challenges.
As part of our team, you'll have the chance to perform engineering calculations, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and other mechanical engineering computer modeling (noise, egress, emissions analysis) as well as analyze subway networks using Subway Environment Simulation (SES) software. You'll also have the opportunity to develop CFD modelling and perform simulations to evaluate and optimize tunnel ventilation strategies for enclosed mass transit, rail and road tunnels You'll also take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you by analyzing and assessing the consistency and accuracy of the CFD results and generating detailed reports of findings. You'll have the opportunity to design tunnel ventilation systems including fans, dampers, and ductwork and maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the relevant codes, regulations and client specific requirements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Perform code and life safety analysis and reviews.
- Conduct evaluations for compliance with procedures codes and standards.
- Participate in site inspections of tunnels and related infrastructure facilities.
- Evaluate condition of equipment and obtain site dimensions
- Work directly with other CFD modelers, mechanical team members, other engineering disciplines and project managers to help complete assigned tasks and projects If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you.
- Master's degree in Mechanical required
- Knowledgeable on Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Advance Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer
- Basic knowledge in CFD analysis software (ANSYS Fluent, Star-CCM+, FDS)
- Ability to work independently and solve complex problems with little supervision
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Basic knowledge of CAD Design using AutoCAD, Microstation, BIM