Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood are currently bidding for a large-scale oil and gas project with ADNOC. Should we be awarded this work, we will have a requirement for a PMC Senior Pipeline Engineer to join us. This position will be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE initially for a very short period until it relocates to Europe or South Korea.
- Pipeline route selection
- Mechanical design, i.e. wall thickness, preliminary stress analysis, expansion analysis, and free-span analysis
- Development of material take-offs
- Development of material specifications and data sheets
- Development of construction and inspection (NDT) specifications
- Preparation of Pipeline EPC scopes of work
- Input to EPC schedules and Cost Estimate
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering
- Requires previous experience on the design of onshore pipeline projects and the project execution strategies associated with pipeline procurement and construction
- Familiar with the relevant International standards and Codes of Practice and competent in the design, specification and selection of pipeline systems to meet the requirements therein
- Experienced in the use of pipeline design software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, CAESAR II)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
- Sound appreciation of material selection, process design and HSEQ aspects of oil and gas design and ability to develop material specification
- Experience in the development of material requisitions and construction scopes of work
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.