Skills: HR - General
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world's biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Role: HR Advisor
REACH NEW HEIGHTS WITH A GLOBAL LEADER
Ready for your next challenge? We're looking for an ambitious and experienced HR Advisor with the skills, experience and personal attributes needed to make a difference in a global leading, €100M turnover business.
Working closely with the HR Business Partner and aligned to specific business areas, you will provide pragmatic, comprehensive and customer focused HR advice and support to line managers and employees regarding a variety of HR solutions including employee relations support, business change, health and wellbeing; ensuring implementation of legislation, policy and best practice at all times. You will be pivotal in helping us drive consistency in our people and talent plans across the UK team.
GREAT WITH PEOPLE
This unique role offers the chance to join a collaborative, growing team. All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for Line Managers, provide advice on issues related to Employee relations matters: absence, performance, grievance, disciplinary, TUPE, redundancies and escalating issues / concerns where appropriate
- Lead on our new employee inductions - ensuring that all new employees joining Bureau Veritas receive a great insight into the business and feel supported at the start of that journey
- Working closely with the HRBP to support the performance management process within the customer group, challenging underperformance and offering support and coaching to line managers on change management to support the delivery of business strategy
- Responsible for policies, procedures and supporting employee topics, with the focus to de-risk any issues, or provide mitigation on behalf of Bureau Veritas. This may include responding to ACAS engagements.
- Supporting and diagnosing capability issues within the management population, being involved in welfare conversations, providing Performance Improvement Plan support. Helping to ensure that the critical first steps of any ER engagement is done correct from a procedural perspective.
- Additionally, involved with acting as compliance managers, providing data, supporting completion of cyclical activities, providing solutions-based support.
- Advising Service delivery in management of Tier 1 queries and managing escalated queries to Tier 2 level (from the Shared Service Delivery team).
- Ensuring that Success Factors HR Information System data is updated and maintained accurately
- Actively promote the use of People Docs (our new Employee Portal for HR) and consider new ways we can digitalise people processes
- Leading management of casework including sickness absence, making recommendations, giving support and advice to managers to reduce sickness levels within the division - engagement with Occupational Health teams when needed
- Ensuring the execution of criminal record checks and associated vetting processes in a timely and effective manner
- Ensuring appropriate new starter packs are prepared and shared with new employees joining BV. Lead on virtual or physical induction activities alongside another HR Advisor.
- Administer probation period reviews and ensure any extensions are managed timely
- Maintaining and developing the filing system of personnel, to ensure 100% compliance
- Assist in the maintenance and development of HR policies and procedures
- Keeping up to date information regarding developments in HR practices, employment legislation, and sharing relevant knowledge within team.
Candidate requirements include:
- Proven experience in a HR environment, providing generalist HR support, ideally gained within a large, multi-discipline business
- Experience of coaching and facilitating line managers to develop capability and challenge performance issues
- To work with managers, using analytical skills and data to develop strategies and help support decisions
- Experience working as pat of a wider HR team which includes a Shared Services/ Administration function
- Ideally, relevant HR qualification such as CIPD L5 / L7
- Previous experience using a HRIS and analysis and interpretation of data is desirable
- Demonstrable experience of applying company policies and procedures
- Evidence of robust understanding of HR best practice in the areas of performance management
- Up to date knowledge of employment law
- Working knowledge of the full life cycle of the TUPE Process
- The ability to research, analyse and reason logically and effectively within tight and conflicting timeframes
- To assist with implementation and continuous improvement of HR policies and processes
Personal attributes include:
- A bright, enthusiastic, can-do attitude, someone who looks for solutions
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships right across the business - with people at all levels
- Commercial awareness
- Attention to detail - comfortable in dealing with data to help support ideas and decisions
- Strong verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse client group across multiple sites
- Able to support but also challenge managers in all people topics
- Excellent written communication skills to produce succinct correspondence and reports
- Tries to think from the employee perspective, having empathy for individuals whilst balancing business requirements
WORLD LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer nine years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.