Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sparks, Nevada, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.SparksNevada
JOB DESCRIPTION, Bureau Veritas M&M Trade, Reno High Grade
TITLE: Field Representative & Laboratory Technician
DEPARTMENT: High Grade, M&M Trade
REPORTS TO: High Grade LabOps Manager
The primary responsibility for the Field Representative and Analytical Technician is to witness the processing of customer materials and samples by following Bureau Veritas (BV) established standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safe practices at local refineries and reporting to the operations team. The secondary responsibility is when representation work is not available; the employee will work as a laboratory technician in our Sparks NV High Grade lab.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all applicable occupational safety regulations, laboratory safety procedures, requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 17025, quality management system SOP's, OHS Act and Regulations, BV Group Policy and Procedures, and any ISO standards applicable to the Analytical Technician position.
- Act in a safe and professional manner, wear appropriate attire, and use required personal protective equipment (PPE) and engineering controls specific to hazards associated with tasks. Workplace safety compliance requirements, at a minimum, include annual health monitoring, PPE fit tests, PPE use refreshers, monthly safety training, and any other environmental monitoring checks which may apply.
- Entry Level Hybrid Position as a field representative and laboratory technician
- Skills Requested
- Able to use laboratory balances
- Basic computer skills
- Microsoft Excel & Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow strict procedures
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Able to work in a supervised and unsupervised capacity
- Other duties as assigned
- No Experience required. Will Train
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
- A history of safe, ethical, and committed work within a repetitive production environment is critical.
- Prior Experience with analytical or technical equipment is an asset, but BV provides training.
- Laboratory relevant prior technical or safety certifications are an asset but not required.
- Experience with analytical equipment preventive maintenance and troubleshooting are an asset but not required- BV provides training as needed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- High School diploma (or equivalent) required
- Valid US drivers license
- Excellent English, verbal and written
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and repetitively lift and handle 15 pounds
- Basic math and data entry skills
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.