Skills: Waste Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
EUROPEAN WASTE EXPERT
Sustainability Services - EMEAI
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us ?
With 16 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow?
ENGIE Impact is looking for a European Waste Expert, whose mission will be to help companies develop and implement both cost-effective and more sustainable waste practices. The Waste Expert will perform analyses and offer data-driven advice to clients, manage the procurement of waste services on behalf of clients, and offer strategic advice with regards to recycling, zero-waste and circular economy initiatives. The Waste Expert will also assist in producing an annual regulatory review and updates on trends and opportunities in the European waste market. The ideal candidate will bring extensive knowledge of the UK waste market, and speak excellent English as well as one other European language (ideally German and/or French).
1. Waste assessment and programme development
- Engage with clients to understand client's needs, objectives and budget constraints
- Support client on-boarding and data collection activities
- Create and run reports on clients' waste data, using ENGIE Impact digital tools
- Review waste contracts with regards to price or service optimization potential
- Perform occasional on-site audits to assess waste levels and waste management practices
- Offer advisory related to waste reduction, recycling, circular economy and zero-waste initiatives.
2. Waste Procurement Management
- Develop and implement waste management procurement programmes for key clients in the UK, France and Germany.
- Design and run tender programs in collaboration with clients, with an aim to procure optimal waste management services,
- Analyse offers received, and present recommendations, enabling clients to make a fully informed choice of service providers
- Offer advice to clients with regards to contract negotiation and services terms.
3. Annual Regulatory Review
- Research and gather intelligence on regulatory changes in the European waste markets
- Communicate with waste service providers and sector organizations to deepen understanding of upcoming regulatory changes
- Lead the production of a regulatory overview of the European waste market, with a focus on the UK, Germany and France, to inform clients of upcoming changes, at minimum on an annual basis.
Do you thick, all boxe ?
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of sustainability transition. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Master's Degree in Environmental Studies, Engineering, Finance or similar area.
- 5+ years of specific experience in Waste procurement or Consulting in waste management.
- Experience in working for a waste company in a client-facing role in the UK and/or Germany is an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of the waste services pricing models and service capabilities of leading waste companies, both at local and national level
- Good communication and relational skills, ability to manage client and supplier relationships
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, with an ability to handle large amounts of complex information and work towards deadlines
- Able to speak English fluently. Another European language is an asset (German or French ideally).
- A career in a large international company, a leader in the zero-carbon transition
- An international and flexible working environment
- A position within a small and dynamic business area, with room for personal and professional development
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Posting Date: Feb 22, 2021