Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Asset Management, Financial Analyst
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
ENGIE's Partnership Management organization manages both equity and tax equity partnership structured joint ventures in the ENGIE North America group.
As an integral part of this team, the Joint Venture Cash Management and Business Control Advisor supports the performance of the joint ventures through maintenance of cash flow forecasts, basis settlement calculations, distribution calculations, financial planning, and business controls. Additionally, the JV Cash Management and Business Control Advisor supports the communication and production of deliverables to be provided to the partners.
What you'll do:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the cash flow impacts of the partnership and project contracts
- Work closely with Financial Planning & Analysis team to translate budgets and plans into detailed cash flow and distribution forecasts for joint ventures
- Recommend distributions to partners based on existing cash and future cash flow forecasts including any contractual calculations
- Update cashflow forecasts on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Calculate and invoice for deferred contributions to partners
- Develop and drive continuous process improvement in financial reporting to ensure accuracy and ability to forecast for each of the partnerships
- Interface with renewables team (commercial, risk management, operations, legal, finance, etc.) and with corporate support functions (tax, regulatory, technical accounting, accounting and treasury) to understand the results and ensure accuracy of reporting
- Evaluate transactions to ensure compliance with the billable criteria within the contractual agreements
- Ensure accuracy of the accounting transactions monthly in collaboration with the centralized accounting organization, with a focus on the joint venture perspective (including US GAAP vs IFRS treatment)
- Prepare data to support the quarterly/annual financial statement audit process and the quarterly and annual requests from the internal tax group
- Assist in development of presentations for partner and management discussions, identifying and illustrating main project economic and financial risks
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree required. Finance, Business Economics, or Business Administration preferred.
- MBA, CFA, CPA, CTP, or other professional qualifications a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of financial, accounting, or joint venture cash management experience
- 5 years of energy industry experience, preferably in renewable energy
- Experience with creation of cash flow budgets and routine updates of cash flow forecasts
- Experience with partnership or joint venture businesses
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS accounting principles, and partnership financial statements
- Commercial acumen with good understanding of contracts, accounting, and treasury
- Ability to unravel and interpret complexity in contracts and accounting rules
- Deadline driven with project management skills for cross-organizational coordination
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Advanced Excel skills
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 22, 2021