Oversee Fixed Asset Accounting functions for GBS Scope of entities. Key point of contact accountable for control and reporting of capital assets, and manage relationship with Project Accounting, Tax, Audit and other departments and coordinate FA participation in special projects as needed.
What you'll do:
- Oversee daily functions for Fixed Assets accounting to ensure transactions such as additions, retirements, transfers and adjustment for capital assets comply with company depreciation and capitalization policies.
- Ensure information included in SAP Fixed Assets Module remains current / accurate.
- Responsible for internal controls for Fixed Asset processes, managing annual self-assessment testing and ensuring internal control database accuracy.
- Develop and assist with any required monthly CAPEX variance analysis.
- Prepare and support other initiatives as requested, including managing and/or assisting with any system upgrades, data migration, new entity integration and other special projects assigned.
- Remain current on internal and external standards and regulations, best practices and related information
- Develop processes, drive continuous improvement, coordinate requirements upstream and downstream in the organization.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as needed, including those which may involve complex or advanced accounting concepts.
- Assist FP&A in the preparation of annual budget and annual long-term forecast, including providing depreciation projections.
- Interface with External Auditors/Tax and preparation of financial schedules and required requests.
What you bring:
- 7-10 years relevant experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- Strong accounting and financial reporting skills.
- Expertise in use of Microsoft Excel.
- Tools used for the job may include Microsoft Office Tool Suite, Cartesis, SAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external auditors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deadline driven and ability to plan to ensure smooth close processes.
- Strong-interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) knowledge a plus.
- Experience in SAP Fixed Asset/Project Management Modules a plus.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 22, 2021